Preparing the CoirYou will need...
- a waterproof container
- approx 150ml water
- 5 coir discs (included in this kit)
Simply place the 5 coir disks into a waterproof container. Add the 150ml water and leave to absorb. The coir will expand to 3 times its original size. Once the coir has stopped expanding, stir it round to ensure there are no hard lumps. If you need to extra water do this a little at a time.
Assembling your Eco-Kit
- Slide tabs out carefully so they are not damaged.
- Insert the drip tray into your stadium
- Slide tabs into internal slots so that they anchor securely into position then fold down the flaps where the cells will go. Doing this now will make it easier to insert the planting cells later.
- Your plant cells come in flat sheets of two that need to be Separated. Take care when doing this so that the cells do not tear.
- To create the planting cells, gently fold the 4 panels into a square with the tabs facing inwards.
- Slot the planting cells into your stadium. You are now ready to start growing.
Sow indoors January – March
Fill plant cell half way with the prepared coir. Add 2 seeds per cell and cover over with the remaining coir. Locate to a warm place at a temperature of 18 - 21°C . Water when needed. The coir should be damp to the touch but not waterlogged. As soon as the seedlings appear, relocate to a warm windowsill out of direct sunlight at a temperature of approx 15°C. When seedlings are large enough to handle they can be transplanted in to larger pots.
Once the risk of frost has passed, harden off the plants by leaving outdoors during the day and bring in at night for one week.
- Will provide shelter to pollinators
- Blooms into early autumn
- Thistle-like blooms
- Growing height: 120cm
- Pollen rich variety
- Stunning pink blossoms
- Attracts other beneficial insects
- Growing height: 110cm
- Nectar rich variety
- Blooms from late spring
- Ideal for ground cover
- Growing height: 15cm
- Daisy like flowers
- Nectar rich flowers
- Compact habit, ideal for containers
- Growing height: 40cm
- Small compact blooms
- Nectar rich variety
- Low maintenance
- Growing height: 25cm
Don't forget to tag us in your progress pictures! @prontoseed #prontoseed - Happy Growing!