Preparing the CoirYou will need...
- a waterproof container
- approx 150ml water
- 5 coir discs (included in this kit)
Simply place the 5 coir disks into a waterproof container. Add the 150ml water and leave to absorb. The coir will expand to 3 times its original size. Once the coir has stopped expanding, stir it round to ensure there are no hard lumps. If you need to extra water do this a little at a time.
Assembling your Eco-Kit
- Slide tabs out carefully so they are not damaged.
- Insert the drip tray into your stadium
- Slide tabs into internal slots so that they anchor securely into position then fold down the flaps where the cells will go. Doing this now will make it easier to insert the planting cells later.
- Your plant cells come in flat sheets of two that need to be Separated. Take care when doing this so that the cells do not tear.
- To create the planting cells, gently fold the 4 panels into a square with the tabs facing inwards.
- Slot the planting cells into your stadium. You are now ready to start growing.
Sow indoors March – May
Fill plant cell half way with the prepared coir. Add 2 seeds per cell and cover over with the remaining coir. Place in a warm sunny position and water when needed. The coir should be damp to the touch but not waterlogged. When seedlings are large enough to handle they can be transplanted in to larger pots.
Spring Onion - Harvest spring onions approx 12 - 14 weeks after sowing.
Tomato - Harvest fruit from July to September or when fruit turns red.
Basil - Harvest approximately 16-18 weeks after sow date.
Bell Pepper - Harvest from July to October when fruit is firm to the touch.
Coriander - Harvest leaves approximately 14-16 weeks after sowing.
- Fast growing
- Also know as a scallion
- Integral to many Italian dishes
- Most popular type of tomato
- Perfect for making tomato based sauces
- Used in Italian kitchens since 16th century
- Basil is an essential herb in Italian cooking
- Can be dried and kept for up to 2 years
- Pairs perfectly with fresh tomatoes & tomato sauces
- The original sweet bell pepper
- Taste different based on the colour when you harvest
- Easy to grow
- Seeds can be turned in to a spice
- Can be dried and stored for up to 2 years
- Stagger planting for year round fresh harvests
Don't forget to tag us in your progress pictures! @prontoseed #prontoseed - Happy Growing!